11.1.17

Hand-made Christmas Gifts 2016

I had a lot of fun making home made Christmas presents this year, starting early (for once) and embroidering some felt horses and hearts in the Swedish style. Each grandchild received a pair, with their name on the horse and my name and year on the heart. The idea for the gifts came from 2 places: Pinterest, and some named ornaments given to my own children 35 years ago by my 'American mother'.



The boys of the family received either Caramel or Hot Fudge Sauce, recipes from my mother and taste.com, decoration from Pinterest.
For the girls, knitted cotton washcloths and a nice soap, idea from saylittlehen.com
 My mother received a cushion cover made from a polka-dot cotton to match her quilt and a piece of an old lace tablecloth that graced her sitting room for many, many years. Idea from Pinterest. I have enough of the vintage cloth to make two more cushion covers.
I often wonder if other bloggers think that posting one's activity on the web is a tad arrogant. I know I do, and have heard it said also. Every now and again I decide to stop, but then I take such inspiration from other bloggers and wonder where I'd be without their contributions. I imagine it's how artists feel when they exhibit, or writers when they publish. If no-one published, we'd all be impoverished. So I blog, and thank the rest of you who do also. Some of my favourites are on the left hand side bar... totally recommended.

1 comment:

  1. Don't stop publishing - it brings so much pleasure to those of us whose fingers are no longer capable of creating!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...