3.1.17

December Fruit and Flower

I can't say I'm a big fan of summer, because I hate being hot, and heat keeps me indoors. But what I do love about summer is all the fruit and flower. The garden is producing like mad and most days I'm either picking and freezing fruit or pruning, mulching and watering the flower garden. I just love the bounty of it all.
Here are a few pics of what is fruiting and flowering at the moment.

 Who doesn't love hydrangeas? I have several colours along the back of the house and this year they have done a good job of covering up the bareness.

 Another favourite that I like to see out my kitchen window, cosmos.
Then there's the old Coral Tree which leaves such a pretty red carpet below.

 Boysenberries and strawberries, coming thick and fast. Some have made it onto ice cream but the rest will have to bide their time in the freezer till time allows for jam making.

 Zucchini, NOT Pa's favourite, probably use I grow so many and dish them up ad nausea all summer in every kind of disguise. Soup too.
 Sunflowers for fun and chooks, peas on an old piece of reo.
Clematis growing happily along the new verandah railing






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...