10.7.16

A Year on the Farm


July 5th
It has been a wet and miserable day on the farm, so indoor activities have been to the fore. Started off with some sewing, my coiled baskets, and turning an old hand towel into 2 much needed face washers. I often receive pretty hand towels as gifts but never face washers, so.....

The horses don't seem to mind the rain as it makes grass grow I suppose, and they are nice and dry under their warm rugs. It was raining at feed time so Molly and I went out in it all at feed time, me in Drizabone and she in her new raincoat I made out of some old vinyl. It actually did the trick.
A small dry spell in the afternoon was an opportunity for a walk to see how yesterday's weed spraying went in the arena paddock. To my delight, the capeweed was nicely curled up.

Lunch was homemade zucchini soup and a cheese and Vegemite sandwich, consumed in front of the fire while watching the Tour de France: our annual 3 week tour of France. Love all those cathedrals and chateaux and quaint villages. Travel without the angst of long flights and airport delays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...