6.10.16

Spring at Last

 Kate Llewellyn is one of my favourite Australian authors who writes beautifully about her gardening experiences and thoughts. I remember her saying in one of her books how she would wake on a spring morning and feel like a horse champing at the bit wanting to be out in the garden. How that resonates for all gardeners, I'm sure. Spring has come to Nanne's Garden and every day brings new delights as something else shakes off its winter sleep. 
Cuttings in the garden shed that have just sat there all winter are suddenly leaping out of their pots, including my hydrangea cuttings that I am dying to plant NOW, but patience is needed just a little longer till the back of the house gets some more warmth. The sun has just started hitting there in the late afternoon.

 The orchid has been dragged out from behind the garden shed to just outside the kitchen window where I can admire it throughout the day.

The solar clothes dryer: cheapest on the market at $5 for the rope 
and a cup of coffee for the workman
 My lovely Wisteria: only 5 fronds last year. nearly 70 this year. 
 I know these plants can pull down sheds if left to run away, but I'll face that when I come to it.
 Done all my 'pruning wisteria' reading!!!

Nanne's gardening companion, Molly 
And finally, the rhododendron comes to life, brilliantly, as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...